Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vellum...



Happy Wednesday!!! We are halfway through the week now. Hope everyone's week is going well so far.

My card is different than I am used to. I wanted to try using some vellum that I got from PTI. I am not one for using vellum so this was going to be new to me. I usually shy away from it because I am not sure the best way to attach it to the card.

I started out with an idea but when scoring the fold line I decided to score some more and ended up with this background. I took some certainly celery and rubbed it on with a sponge. I was hoping for a kind of lattice look.

From there I took some gray I had in my scraps box and stamped the flower from floral frenzy using certainly celery, lemon tart PTI, and chocolate chip. I took some vellum to cover it to make it softer. It was attached using crystal effects. I then took some Martha Stewart glittery glue I picked up from Michael's and put a border around the flower and used some glitter I also got from Michael's. It was attached to the card using dimensionals.

Then the sentiment, I used the same gray paper and PTI spring moss. The sentiment was from PTI simple little things set. I used Michael's bridal flower and colored it to match the stamped flower. the rest is pretty much the same as the flower. I hope you like it.

Have a great Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.

Missy

No comments: