Monday, March 30, 2009

Something different

Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was interesting. My husband had the family up by 5am on Saturday to drive to my sisters, unload me and the boys, load up my brother in law and his son, and then they were off to hunt.

My sister and I tried to wake up a little and then were off to use a bunch of coupons at the craft stores, some errands we needed to run, lunch with my parents and then back to her house to scrap for a while.

It turned out to be a really nice weekend. We are all burned out and ready for some sleep but alas, the week proves to be another busy week. We signed my oldest up for T-ball. He couldn't be more excited. It turns out that his coach is someone that my husband knows from work. So that is nice. We were able to find out that he will be a Giant. Of course we are Yankee fans to the nth degree but it is T-ball. When my husband told him he was a Giant he was disappointed that he wasn't a Yankee but dealt with it. Then my husband told him the colors of his team, again disappointment (he wanted red). He quickly got over that as well.

I purchased a stamp from Whimsy stamps that is just so adorable and I knew I had to get right away. It was on sale for $5. He is a decent size. Of course it says the size but you don't really realize how big he is until you get him home. But I think he is great and the tag was a perfect project for him.

I had another image I stamped so I let my son color it. He wants to make a card out of him so we will have to do that later and I will show you.

Here are the deets:
paper: PTI stamper's select white, orange is from my sister's stash
stamps: Baseball Conner (Whimsy stamps)
ink: Palette black, PTI true black
copic markers (I didn't write down all the colors)
the bat was colored using smooches

My son couldn't have been happier when he saw his baseball stamp colored. We did all that when the kids were asleep. He was so excited to have him.

My sister also pulled out a baseball bag with a T-ball bat and batting helmet. She had those from when her daughter played T-ball. My oldest son hasn't gone anywhere without that on his arm. We might be starting practices this Wednesday but we shall see how that goes.

Wednesdays are going to be very crazy for us once practice starts until the end of the season some time the end of June.

From the info we got practice will be from 5-6pm, not bad. But my husband doesn't get home from work until around 4:30 then he leaves around 6 to go to the church for scouts and he is gone until around 8. No problem for me and the boys because we can always do dinner after practice but my poor hubby is going to be dragging and we still haven't figured out when dinner will be. Fast food on the field? That might have to be what we do for a couple of months. It will be fun though and so worth it to see my son so happy.

Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy








No comments: