Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy 4th

I have been slacking in my duties as a scrapbooker.  I am so behind on everything.  I haven't scrapbooked much of our activities since we  have been married, my middle son is still an infant in his scrapbook and my youngest has only 2 pages documenting his 3rd month in his.
My husband has been bugging me to get going and I don't disagree with him.  Since I do have some pictures already printed up I pulled them out and got started on putting them on a page.
This is the only picture I took of my boys during our 4th of July celebration.  I had a migraine that day and was doing my best not to be the party pooper.  I did end up falling asleep on my couch while my sister and her family babysat for me (I didn't intend to fall asleep, thanks).
We did head to the base sponsored festivites where we road a carnival ride and then watched the fireworks display.
 
I need to resupply my stash of paper with 12 X 12 paper so I can have some paper to scrapbook with.  I was able to use this paper that is actually for a cruise.  I just covered up the steering wheel with the red paper and the rest of the ship with the white ribbon and stars.
The red paper is pure poppy and was stamped in versamark with Wplus9 background stamps, then I embossed it with kaleidescope embossing powder.  I figured it was perfect with the little stars in the center of the circles and then the shimmer of the embossing powder.
The ribbon I got from Wal-Mart a while back and the stars were punched with my fiskars punch using stamper's select white cardstock from PTI and inked with pure poppy and enchanted evening ink.  I added the eyelets (from Stampin Up') for an added element.  Then made the streams of light with stickles.
The journal section was cut using the notepad dye from PTI that I won and stamped in simply chartreuse with the journal image in the school time stamp set.
I had the "4" from another project I started but needed a 3 not a 4 and then just found a "t" and an "h".  I inked them the same way using pure poppy and enchanted evening so all the colors were represented.
The picture was put together with a simple strip of simply chartreuse cardstock covered with some pp I had in my stash (cut using a nestability die) and then rounded the corners of my picture to match the corners of the nestability.  I also had the small sentiment from a stash I got at Michael's when they were having a bunch of stuff on sale.  I figured it suited the picture nicely and the colors worked out great.
I really need to keep up with my goal to make one page a week.  Maybe I should change that to 1 page every two weeks/2 pages a month.
Well, that is about it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned.  See you back here on Monday.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
 
Photobucket

No comments: