Thursday, October 2, 2008

ATS Challenge


Happy Thursday!!! The week is almost over and then we can relax for a little while, right? Yeah, sure.

I am sorry I am getting this on here late. I almost forgot last night to get in the craft room and make something. Luckily I did remember and also remembered that All That Scraps has a design team challenge. The challenge was a sketch. I just had to play along. Layout challenges are so fun because half of the work is done for you.

I wanted to use PP for the panels because I haven't used PP in a really long time and I do have a lot just hanging around. I was going to try to figure out a way to incorporate a certain color into my design but then I noticed a paper pack I bought a while back at Joann's and found 3 different but nice patterns that go well together. It makes the card more of an elegant, chic type card. It isn't really my style but I really like it. I think the PP pack is DCWV and is called "Old West". The matting is the opposite side of some PTI chocolate PP.

I also stamped the cute little bear on the same PTI paper just on the back side and that was matted with PTI Spring Moss.

The jumbo eyelets are from SU! and the ribbon is a Michael's $1 spot find (I just flipped the ribbon over because it was a little too harsh of a color but had a nice pattern). The flower is a find I found at Hobby Lobby while I was in Kansas for my brother's wedding and the brad is just a Joann's pack of brads. I colored the bear in with prismacolor pencils and baby oil. A tip: when using paper that has a pattern on the back side make sure you use as little baby oil as possible or use dark colors. Otherwise I found that the pattern will show through. I am not sure if that is the same for OMS but I did notice it when making this card.

Well, I think that is about it. I really hope that your Thursday is a great one!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

1 comment:

Lorie said...

That is adorable! Great job with the challenge!