Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday!!!

Today I am a little late because I was volunteering for the first time in my oldest son's kindergarten class.  They had a half day today. His kindergarten is only half day anyway but he goes during the PM schedule.  So today was a little crazy for us.  We had to get up early and get ready for school right away.  I think all in all it went very well.  A friend watched my youngest son so I could spend some time helping out in my son's class.  It was a lot of fun and seeing them have their own little Thanksgiving "feast" of pocorn, fruit and cookies.  There were two classes there since we were combining.  My son's class was the Indians and the other class were the Pilgrims.  It was so cute.
Anyway, today I wanted to share with you the projects I made for my son's class yesterday.  Yesterday my oldest son turned 6 years old.  I am still in shock that he is one year older.  It amazes me how much he is growing and maturing now that he is in school.  I am so proud of his accomplishments and just know that he is going to grow up to be a wonderful man someday.
My son decided that he wanted a Knight on his goody bag tags(?).  It was quite the intricate project but it wouldn't have been so bad if I had gotten started on this part much earlier.  That is my procrastination coming into play here.  I kinda cheapened it up a bit with staples but the morning before I was supposed to take them in I just couldn't get the rope to work the way I wanted.  You will see in the picture. 




I am also adding a couple of pictures of my son. 

This is the day we brought him home from the hospital.  He was 2 days old in this picture.  The outfit is an outfit my Mother in law made for my husband when he was born to come home from the hospital in.  My youngest son also wore this outfit home from the hospital and now this baby will be coming home in the same outfit.  I just love tradition.


And this is my son on his 6th birthday.  I can't believe how much he has grown and how much of a young man he looks like now.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Great class favors! I bet the kids loved 'em! Sounds like a wonderful day in the classroom, too! Happy birthday!

Elizabeth S. said...

I like the way these turned out. Great job!