Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8 wonderful years

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I am sorry for my absence yesterday.  I woke up with one of my wonderful migraines.  It wasn't bad so I had hoped it would disappear quickly but that wasn't the case.  I spent most of the day in bed.  Thankfully my husband was able to help out when he got home from work.
 
Today is a special day for my husband and I.  We said our vows 8 years ago today in front of friends, family and God.  Thank you honey for being willing to spend the rest of your life with me.
 
This morning I made him a quick card using the same basic layout as the card I made for my parents.  And yes, I did use ocean tides again.  When I received the cardstock and showed it to my husband he really liked it so I figured I better use it for his card.  The base is kraft stamped with the guide lines...lines diagonally.
Then I used smokey shadow (punched on the bottom with a fiskars border punch) for the bottom and topped it with ocean tides cardstock.  The twin is actually rope I bought at my local store.  The sentiment border was one my sister cut out for me with her silhouette ( I love that thing).
The sentiment is from PTI: Through the trees.  I thought it was pretty fitting for an anniversary card.
Well, that is about it for today.  I do hope to be able to play with my new goodies soon.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Wow, Missy! This is a great card...I bet the hubby loved it! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!