Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Halloween decoration of the year

Hello everyone!!!  I am so glad to be posting here.  It has been wild and crazy and is promising to be that way for a while.  We have been enjoying some wonderful thunder and lightening storms.  Unfortunately the worst came in the wee hours of the morning and woke everyone in the house up, except my little man who slept right through it.  Thanks to all of the excitement it has made for 2 very moddy little boys.  One is taking a nap now, hopefully to catch up on some of that needed sleep, the other, at school.  I hope we can get them to bed early tonight to help with their moods.  With the storms though, it left us without power for about 5-6 hours yesterday which also meant no internet.  I am so glad to have it now, I didn't realize how much I rely on the internet to stay in touch with the outside world.
The base we live on isn't the greatest in terms of family friendly.  There are a lot of civilians that work here so they do cater more to the civilians.  I only say that because the base doesn't seem to believe in generators so not only were we without power so was most of the stores.  In fact, our grocery store (Commissary) and BX (Base Exchage, kinda like a wal-mart but much, much smaller) are still without power and are not expected to be back up until noon local time.  I hope they estimate is correct because I NEED some things from the store.  If it isn't open I will have to drive 15-20 mins to the closest town and hopefully be able to find what I need.
Anyway, enough of my ranting about the happenings here.  I was led to this blog and this wonderful, fun project.  I had jars, I had mod podge, so I went to the store and bought some festive tissue paper.
This is what I came up with.  I didn't have black felt so I figued I would just use black cardstock.  I think it turned out awesome as well.  I have another jar or two so I hope to make the Frankenstein and ghost soon.
I also have another blog I found here.  I plan to make these lovely pumpkins with a few alterations of my own to fit what I have to use.  I hope to have them done soon and posted shortly after.
Hope all is well in your world.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
Photobucket

No comments: