Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another birthday

So I guess the birthdays in my family are not over.  Especially since I will be adding one soon.  Because of some things with this pregnancy I will either be having a c-section or an induction on the 29th of this month.  Barring the fact I do not go into labor before then.  So in about a week in a half at the most I will be holding my precious baby in my arms.  If the baby refuses to come before them I am praying for an induction because I know that will be easier to recover from than a c-section and I do NOT like being couped up in my house.
So I am a little late but I do have my brother's birthday this Saturday.  Unfortunately I have to mail it so it will more than likely be late but I hope he will forgive me for that one  :)  Afterall, his wife's birthday card was several weeks late.
This card I tried to do the simple elegant look.  I was inspired once again by Kelly Lunceford and also Geny Cassady.  They do the simple elegant absolutely beautiful.  Here is my attempt at simple but beautiful, well, manly for this card.

(again, sorry about the picture.  It is still raining here and good light is hard to find)
I started with PTI cardstock Enchanted Evening and topped it with kraft cardstock.  Then just punched a few circles and layered them.  On one of Kelly's cards she put a flower on the smaller circle but considering this card is for my brother I used a button.  This is simply done but I am very excited about it and hope he likes it too.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I love the card Missy! You did a fantastic job!

I can't believe you are going to have the baby all ready! I'm excited and nervous for you at the same time! I'll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both of you! HUGS!