Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pretty Purple birthday

*disclaimer:  I am using an old laptop and some of the buttons don't work so if I am missing a letter or a space,  I am sorry.*
 
Happy Thursday everyone!!!  I am actually quite surprised at how quickly the last couple of weeks have been flying by.  It seems crazy to be saying it is already Thursday.   I couldn't be more happy about it.
Today I am finally showing you a card I have been wanting to make for a couple of weeks now.
My husbands former co-worker had a birthday on the 14th.  She was out of town so I didn't get to give it to her on her birthday like I had planned.  I then planned on giving it to her on Wednesday but she didn't get back until this past Monday.  I finally got it made yesterday and plan on dropping it off to her at work today.

 

My lack of mojo has been affecting me lately.  Well, maybe not mojo just my desire to be in the craftroom.  I hope to have a craft day with my mom and sister soon so we will see if that helps.
I found out that the birthday girl loves dark purple.  A girl after my own heart, I love purple, any shade really.
I took the basic layout from Geny Cassidy, I hope she doesn't mind.  I really hope this card isn't too girly for her either.
I started with a plum pudding cardbase.  I stamped my first Wplus9 stamp on the bottom of the base, Design Basics: Background I, in spring moss.
The main image was stamped with inkadinkado stamp set from joann's an stamped in plum pudding ink.  The sentiment is from the same set and stampd in black.  I used the spring moss ink and a sponge to sponge around the image and used different brads from my stash in the corners.  I felt like it was still missing something so I remembered some flowers I got from my sister for my birthday so I pulled them out and added a bridal flower colored with a copic marker.  The basic image was popped up using pop dots.
I wanted to add mre but I usually add too much so I left it as that.  Besides, I didn't want to overdo it.  I was afraid of going over the top girly and the recipient not liking it.
That is it for today.  I hope to have some craft time this weekend so I hope I have more to share next week.  I am so behind on cards it is pitiful.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Super cute Missy! I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it!