Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Father's Day a month late

...but better late than never, right?
Since hubby was gone for a month he missed Father's Day.  I thought about getting something and sending it to him but I didn't do it.  I just wasn't up to doing any projects.
When it was getting close for my husband to return I knew I had to get started on his Father's Day present.  It wasn't going to be anything he really wanted but I wanted to do something for him as a Father.
I saw on a gift bag before my husband left, a picture of a father and his son sitting on the kitchen counter.  All the pictures showed was their legs and feet hanging off the counter and thought that made for an awesome pictures.  So, before my husband left I had him gather the boys and I took a picture of all 4 of them sitting on our back fence.  I decided to give it more of a black and white feel to it and then mat it in a frame.
I took it one step further and thought it would be even more special if we froze time for just a bit and put each of the boy's footprints on the mat.  I had the two older boys write their own names above their print and then I wrote each of their ages underneath their print.
The polka dots were stamped with PTI Polka dot basics in enchanted evening.
The saying on top was something the boys got from church so I do not know who the author is.  I matted that with smokey shadow cardstock and edged it with enchanted evening ink.  The brads I had in my stash from Joann's.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

This is completely fabulous Missy! Love it!