Monday, August 10, 2009

Whimsy Croc

*If you want to read some babble from me there is a second post below this one*


Yeah, I made it. I actually got my project done and I love how it turned out. I do have to admit thought that I took the basic sketch from another blogger who is awesome. My mom mentioned her to me and I really like her stuff. Her blog name is "Flutter by atomicbutterfly".

With the crocodile I colored him first with a brown copic, then a light green, then darker green. After that I used a natural gray and colorless blender to get the different color shades showing. I think it really adds to the dimension of the crocodile.

The paper and ink are all PTI. The green button I get from my goodies through Whimsy and the others I already had in my stash. The ribbon I bought a long time ago through All That Scraps so I have no idea the company but I am thinking it is May Arts.

The card is a 4" X 4 1/4" rectangle card. I really like this size. Small enough so you don't have to do a lot but big enough where you can add a bit more stuff than you could on a smaller card.

I didn't make this card for anyone or anything special. I just really wanted to color the crocodile after I got him. When I showed it to my husband he asked who it was for and then asked if it was for his friend that is having his birthday on Wednesday. I think that is a great idea. I say friend but I should say brother. My husband and this guy have been friends since they have been toddlers. It really is amazing and I can't imagine what it would be like to have a friend for that long but I think it is awesome. Even after I met him you can tell he is part of the family and I truly see him as a brother-in-law than just my husbands friend as well.

Well, I am truly pleased with this project and hope you are too. I have more cards to make for family and friends so I am sure to have more projects more often.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

3 comments:

Lorie said...

Your croc is super cute!

Tanya said...

Very cute :) I need to use him now, soo cool!!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Never smile at a crocodile! See ya later Alligator!! LOL Your card is way too cute!!!