Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas is coming

I cannot believe it has been since last Wednesday that I posted anything.  I do have things to show you it was just one heck of a week last week.  I hope that this week won't be as hectic.  I am sure we will have to do some running around though trying to get things ready for Christmas.  Although, thankfully, we are almost done with our shopping.  Next is getting everything wrapped and in the mail, the things that need to be mailed.
So today is another Whimsy challenge that I was thankfully able to finish in time.  I completely forgot it was my week to participate until my mom mentioned to me that she was working on her project.  I do want to mention to you that as usual you do NOT need a Whimsy image to enter the contest but if you have one we would love to see what you can do with it.  Also don't forget that their special Christmas project contest is going on until Saturday the 12th.  So do not forget to enter.
This weeks challenge is to use die cuts.  I do have a cuttlebug machine but I am lacking in the tools to make die cuts and I don't have a lot of supplies so I struggled for a few minutes.  But then I looked on my desk and saw the cute new Santa image from Whimsy that my mom stamped for me.  So, I began coloring him.  Now it is Santa so I did need to stick to the traditional Christmas colors but did throw in a few more just to liven it up a bit.
I used a petite circle nestie to cut out a chipboard coaster, found a cute heart shaped green die cut I bought a long time ago, I think from Michael's, and then used the sentiment design that my mom cut out for me using her cricut.
I also used the CPS challenge, I think it is for this week.  I will check again and if it is I will be entering it in that as well.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

I love how this turned out! I am glad I was able to help with a couple of things for you.

Kim Dellow said...

Such a lovely card! Kim