Thursday, December 17, 2009

Teacher appreciationc card

Good morning all!!!  Can you believe the week is just about over and Christmas is around the corner.  This coming week I am going to have to step up my game and get a LOT more things done.  My mother-in-law will be flying into town for a few days to help us celebrate Christmas.  It should be lots of fun.  I am hoping that even though we have a short amount of time with her that we can show her a few things.  This will be her first trip to California and possibly her last if we move like we hope we can.  We don't want the desert of California to the only thing she sees and remembers. 
Anyway, I digress as usual.  I am actually going to show you the card I made for my son's teacher today.  It isn't my favorite but it is still nice.  Since I was running out of time I didn't have an opportunity to do something spectacular.  Besides, I think my mojo was seriously running out by the time I got to this card.  I went searching for a layout I liked because, like I said, my mojo was low.  I rememered seeing a card on Lauren's blog that I really loved, the simplicity was exactly what I needed.  This is hers and this is mine.

I started with aqua mist card stock to match the box I made as well.  I also used kraft paper and the layer is vellum.  I got two of my birthday presents on this project so that was fun.  One of which I forgot to mention when I listed my gifts a week or so back.  The first one that is obvious is my nestabilities dies.  That was so much fun have a new shape to use.  The other is my bow-easy that my mom got me.  At first it looked very difficult.  I looked at the directions and they were no help but then I saw a website listed for a video tutorial.  That is exactly what I need so I headed on over there.  Yeah, no help what so ever.  The lady in the video talked through it all so fast and the camera wasn't even on what she was doing so I was still lost.  But then I saw another title of a video so why not, I clicked on that.  Now that WAS helpful.  I figured it out, messed with a few sizes and voila, i have a very beautiful bow.  Thanks mom!!!
Well, I think that is about it for this one.  Tomorrow I should have the final little treat I made for my son's teacher.
Just a heads up as well.  If you look on my side bar there is a blog candy give away.  Fussy and Fancy are on their second blog candy.  Just click on the picture and it will lead you to the instructions to enter to win all the goodies in the picture.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I LOVE your card Missy...it is beautiful! Have a wonderful time with your MIL...I wish mine would just call every now and then. *sigh*