Monday, May 17, 2010

A new card

*FYI: I actually typed up this post on Friday but didn't take a picture of the card until Sunday so that is why it is just now going live*
 
Well, I made some time to play a little yesterday and no it doesn't use the latest PTI anniversary set.  I do recommend that if you didn't earn it to check out their forum.  There are several people selling them.
I decided to make a card using the set "Through the trees"  I love that set.  I know a lot of people think of it as a masculine set but why not pretty it up a bit.  Well, in my case I kinda dirtied it up a bit but I love how it turned out.
 
I started with Hawaiian Shores card stock and used some PP I had in my stash.  From there I took some more hawaiian shores and topped that with some kraft cardstock.  On the kraft I stamped the tree image in hawaiian shores ink and then added some birds with versamark.  To dingy up the edges I took my versamark ink pad and rubbed it along the edges and then took some Tim Holtz distress ink and just lightly rubbed it right along the edge being careful not to go passed the edge.
The sentiment is from "Through the trees" as well.  I used the same technique as I did for the image.  For some extra layers I used some brads I had in my stash to attach the sentiment to the card.  That is about it for this one but am pleased with how it turned out since it has been so long since I have crafted much of anything.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

No comments: