Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday cards

It has always been that when September hits the birthdays begin.  My younger sister's birthday is in Sept., my younger brother is Oct., my dad's birthday is mid-Nov., my older sister and I are in Dec., my older brother's birthday is January and my mom is Feb.
Add just some of the extended families birthdays and I have a brother-in-law in Oct, my mother-in-law in Oct., my husband and son's birthdays in Nov. my middle son in Dec., my youngest in Feb., my niece and another brother in law in March.
If you add all that up that equals a TON of birthdays really close together.
Since I desperately wanted to make a birthday gift for my son's teacher that adds just one more birthday to the mix but I enjoyed doing it.
So today is the teacher birthday card.
I started again with rustic cream cardstock (do I have to tell you how much I LOVE that cardstock?)
The PP is from K & Co. which I absolutely love.  Although it is vintage and flowery I think can work very well for boys scrapbook pages as well.
I stamped the bottom (Pure Poppy) cardstock with polka dot basics (PTI) in versamark ink and punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
The main image was stamped with the latest PTI anniversary set.  I love how the image came out kinda blotchy.  I didn't do it on purpose but I love how it worked because it gave a very vintage feel to the whole card.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
Photobucket

No comments: