Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hubby's birthday

 
This is the card I came up with for my husbands 38th birthday.  Yes, I just said how old my husband is.  I have decided that birhdays are just a number and should be celebrated.  After all, it means that you are still alive.  Who doesn't want to be alive?
So I started out with a kraft base, because I LOVE kraft paper.  And it is so neutral.  The blue is the new PTI color Blueberry sky.  Love it, it is just such a soft and lovely color.  I stamped the middle with polka dot basics (PTI) in versamark and then broke it up with Fine linen ribbon.
the main image is based with kraft paper and then I used cream cardstock to stampe the image (Through the trees, PTI) in tea dye distress ink.  The sentiment is from Through the trees also and stamped in black.  I just inked up the edges with tea dye and cream ink.  I am so pleased with it and my hubby loved it as well, that is all the matter after all.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Birthday's are just a number and every number is to be celebrated! Happy birthday to your husband! I know he'll love the card!

Elizabeth S. said...

This turned out great! Took you long enough to get over the age thing! LOL
I am just going to forget mine with Garrett's being the day after and 3other grandkids that month to boot! But I know your dad and all of you won't let me. :)