Monday, February 8, 2010

Kindergarten Valentine's

Hello everyone!!!  I am so excited to be back home and crafting again.  We had to spend an extra day in the hospital since Garrett was a bit jaundice.  He still has it a bit but things are looking good.  He is such a great sleeper and allows me at least 3 hours of sleep in a row through the night.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  He is just perfect.
Today I am showing off the first card/project I have made since having my precious little boy.  And keep stopping by because I have a few thank yous to make up as well.
This card I made for my niece's kindergarten class.  She lives in Wisconsin and her kindergarten class is celebrating their 100 days of school near Valentine's day.  Her teacher has decided to ask friends/family of the children in her class to send cards.  They will be studying the places on the map where the cards come from.  It is times like this that I truly wish we lived in Alaska still.  How neat would that be?
 
This card started because of a card I saw on the cover of my PaperCrafts magazine.  I think it was a Dawn McVey card actually.  I just added a couple things and changed some of the stamp sets and colors.  The base is kraft cardstock.  I stamped the hearts border in brilliance white.  The scallop edge is scarlet jewel punched with my fiskars border punch.  The rest is hibiscus burst stamped with text in versamark ink.  The ribbon is some that was on a Christmas present I received.  I used a Vintage holiday button and tied it with pure poppy dmc floss. 
The most exciting part is that the labes I found at Joann's.  It seems that Joann's has now decided to sell spellbinders products.  I have been eyeing a lot of the labels dies from spellbinders but since budget is extremely tight (especially now with 3 bosy :D  ) I had to wait.  So when I saw that Joann's had this set I had to pick it up because I had a coupon.  I love it.  I have more coupons too.  Since I will be spending next weekend at my sister's house we plan to make a trip to a very large Joann's and get some more.
Okay, back to the card.  The cupcake was stamped with black staz-on using tiny treats valentine's (borrowed from my sister).  That is about it for this card but I am very please since I have been out of the craft area in quite a while.  I hope to see you back here tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh...Hi Missy! I'm so glad you are home and it sounds like you are doing well! Congrats on that sweet boy of yours!

Your card is too cute and what a sweet reason to send it. If they need one from Washington State just send me an e-mail and I'll get one out in the mail!