Friday, September 10, 2010

Another late one

My younger sister's birthday was this past Monday (Labor Day).  We like to joke in our family.  My Mom was literally in labor on Labor Day.  I wasn't going to say how old she just turned (since she is my YOUNGER sister but it is only a number, right?)
So, my wonderful younger sister celebrated her 30th birthday on Monday.  I wish I could have been there to help her celebrate, she is in Wisconsin and I am in California.  We have been through a lot together and I am so proud to call her my sister.  I look up to her a lot.
Happy Late Birthday Carrie, I love you!!!
 
So to start off I know I wanted to use green since it is her favorite color.  I also used one of Geny Cassidy's layouts she used recently.  I just love her simple and fun layouts.  It makes it so easy for me to put something together quickly since I don't have a lot of extra time to create.
The base is Simply Chartruese and then topped with kraft cardstock (I am not a fan of plain white and my vintage cream and rustic cream cardstock is out, gotta get more).
I used Harvest Gold stamped with simply chartruese dots and a fiskars border punch to add some pizzazz  :)
The ribbon is also harvest gold and I used a spring moss button to add a little more color to the embellishment.
The main image was stamped with chartruese again and is a Waltzingmouse stamp (Label 4) and then the metal is actually a clip I bought at Michael's a long time ago.
That is about it for today.  I hope you have an awesome weekend planned.  We aren't doing a whole lot here.  Tonight we are going out to dinner with a bunch of my husband's co-workers and their families.  I am excited, I love getting together with friends and making new friends.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

No comments: