Thursday, September 23, 2010

Craft blunders

Good Thursday everyone!!!  Wow, what a week it has been.  I tell you, my head is just spinning with all the things that have been going on.  I hope to be able to share some of it soon.
Today, since I haven't had much time to sit down and create something lovely, I figured I would just show you this.
I found this and another blog with some ideas but now i can't find it.  I thought it would be perfect for my little guy to play with while we were at church.  He can get a bit fussy the first hour and I feel bad that people have to hear him or we have to leave.  It seemed easy enough so I set out to make one.  I got some felt from Wal-Mart and when I got home I got my sewing machine, some plastic (I didn't have vinyl) and starting planning my fish.  I should have known it wasn't going to go right when I cut off the fishes tail after 2 seconds into cutting him out.
Well, my sewing machine is having issues.  I had before and my mom was able to fix it but it is doing it again and I just can't seem to get it right.  I think I am going to get a new sewing machine.  I have had mine for several years and it was an inexpensive model I got at Walm-Mart.
Since the sewing machine wasn't working I thought I would try the hot glue.  It worked, after I burned my finger and gave myself a blister.  But once it was all dry and I looked it over I decided it wasn't very safe for my little guy to use.
I will try again when I have a sewing machine that works and cleary vinyl.
I hope you give it a try though, it would be fun for road trips too.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

No comments: