Friday, June 24, 2011

Embrace the Camera



Thanks to this great blog I watch almost daily I ran across another blog that I love to read.  It is called "The Anderson Crew".  This family is so fun and lives life to the fullest.  Something I strive to do everyday but sometimes let regular life get in the way of.
Emily, the writer of the blog, does this great "challenge" for us.  She challenges her readers to "embrace the camera".  That is, take a picture or have someone else take a picture with you in it AND a friend child, spouse, parent, anyone.
I wanted to share this picture because I LOVE it so much.
I have thought about editing it a few times but just cannot bring myself to do it.  I quit honestly, in my most humble self, think it is the best picture I have taken.
 

Just a refresher, we are now living in South Dakota, my husband is in the Air Force.
This is the day we decided to head to Deadwood, South Dakota...where "Wild" Bill Hickok was killed.  We visited the town, where he was killed, where he is buried and took family pictures.  It was an amazing day.  I would relive it again if I could.
I took this picture when we were heading home.  My middle man loves to be the subject in all my pictures.  I don't remember if I had seen this done before or how I even came up with the idea but I LOVE it.  I am so happy to have it.
If you want to join in on the fun get your cameras out and start snapping and then link up to the post linked above.  There are no prices to be won just the reminders of the wonderful times we had.
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a great photo Missy! You should play around with it sometime. Just be sure to save the original somewhere safe and play with a copy! :)

Elizabeth S. said...

I like this. I have a couple of pics with me and someone else taking a pic of each other. I think Tammy I did it in our last visit.