Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almost all PTI for a non-PTI challenge


Happy day to you all!!! Thank you for the well wishes. My youngest is doing much better and just about over his sickies. My oldest is still in the mist of it but I think he is headed for recovery as well. He still has a bad cough but he is getting medicine and with the sleep I am making him get he should be done by the end of the week *crossing my fingers*.

My headache finally died away last night so that was nice as well. The only weird thing is that after my headache was easing up I got a bad case of the quesies. My headaches make me feel sick to my stomach but it seemed to get worse after my headache started to go away. That is very strange. I woke up still feeling a little sick to my stomach. I guess I will take some more pepto and hope it goes away.

I was able to get in some crafting last night though. It felt good to get back to my work but it was hard to get started. My sister directed me to a challenge blog "Caardvarks" that was offering some goodies from Taylored Expressions. A new stamp set called "Whimsical Wishes".

The challenge the posed was to make a project using a tree. I was excited because I have not yet got to experience any of Taylor's stamps. Plus, I have a tree stamp from PTI that I have inked up but has been neglected lately.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do but I did know I wanted to use my new cardstock from PTI and the new ink pad that I got in my last order as well.

I am happy with how it turned out but in my opinion it is obvious that my mojo needs a little help.

My goodness!!! I was doing some blog surfing and found this cool blog challenge called "365 cards" It looks awesome and I look forward to doing more with them. Their challenge is to use a leaf on a project. Well, since I made this tree card for "Caardvarks" that has leaves on it I had to enter it into that challenge as well. Go check them out here. It is great.

deets:

stamps: PTI father knows best, simple little things, boxes, bags and tags

paper: PTI guide lines II, spring moss, kraft, Joann's pink cardstock

ink: PTI spring moss, hibiscus burst, tim holtz distress ink (tea dye)

threading water border punch, spring moss ribbon, SU! linen thread

Have a great Wednesday!!! As always, thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

18 comments:

Kim Sonksen said...

This card is so very pretty

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love the soft colors!

SmilynStef said...

Love those fun colors ... what a pretty little tree.

Tanya said...

It turned out really cute, especially in person ;) LOVED IT!!!!

Lorie said...

That is a great card Missy! Great job!

Diana said...

Love the spring looking card!

~Lori Roop said...

Sweet colors and cutie cute tree!

Maz said...

Love the colours, gorgeous stamp, great card
maz

Lucy Abrams said...

This is gorgeous - love your tree card.

Fi said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour combo and your tree stamp.
hugs
Fi

~amy~ said...

What a GREAT card..nice job combining challenges!! Thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!

Unknown said...

Lovely card and I love the soft muted colours.
Regards
Michelle

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Well welcome to 365 Cards I hope you will be back for more we have had quite a bit of fun so far.

I love your card the colors and layers are fab great job with this challenge.

lauren bergold said...

oooooooh! i love the tree...and the color palette...sooo fresh and SO PRETTY! :)

Ann said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at 365 Cards today!

Jana said...

Love your card. That tree is too cute.

Vicky said...

Beautiful card! Glad you found us at 365 and I look forward to seeing more of your creations in our future challenges!

Pam said...

Very pretty card - thanks for joining us at 365!