Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Proud Momma/Friday Sketchers




Happy Tuesday everyone!!! I wanted to take a few minutes to brag on my oldest son. Last night was his first T-ball practice. Our family is a huge fan of baseball. I grew up with baseball and watching my brother play little league baseball. Since we lived in southern California we were able to see some Angels (and they will always be the Anaheim Angels to me) and Dodgers games but I think I was more an Angels fan than Dodgers. Then when I met my husband and he grew up a Yankees fan (it was bred into him living in Connecticut). Both of my boys are Yankees fans now and I have been converted to the "dark" side hehehe. I love the Yankees and probably get to find out more info than my husband does about them.
Anyway, when we told my son he was going to be playing T-ball he couldn't be more excited and was always talking about it and wanting to play. Today he got to practice and he had a blast. The good thing too is that there is a little boy that he knows on his team. I am so proud of him and I cannot wait to see him play his first game.
On to my project. I found, thanks to Whimsy stamps, a sketch blog called Friday Sketchers. Whimsy stamps is the host for Friday Sketchers this week. Here is my card I made for it. I love how it turned out. Even my husband gave me kudos on this one.
Here are the deets:
paper: PTI chocolate, stamper's select white, DCWV (green), Making memories (PP).
ink: Palette black
prismacolor pencils and copics
making memories flower and button
jewelry thread.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy
P.S. Sorry that the post got posted before I had a chance to post pictures. It seems that my laptop doesn't like to run in the mornings and that is when I get to upload everything. I will be working on it later and hopefully figure out what is going on. Also, since my laptop is on the fritz I wasn't able to add my watermark or give you the links to the blogs. I will be putting those up as soon as my laptop is up and running again. Until then here is the URL for whimsy and Friday sketchers.

3 comments:

Lorie said...

No photo attached, Missy. I wanna see!

Lorie said...

How cute is your boy in the t-ball helmet! Adorable!

I LOVE your card! You did a great job with it...just so pretty! :o)

Tanya said...

So cute!!!!! I can not wait until the first game, so much fun with the new and improved camera :)

Love the card, I had no idea you had that image, have to borrow it, hehehehehe :)