Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother's Day


Happy Monday all!!! I had a very productive weekend. Lots to do and lots got done. We actually do our grocery shopping as a family and we managed to sneak that in on Saturday so one less thing that needs to get done sometime this week. I feel so good about getting so much done that I was kinda glad to have a day to relax yesterday.

I tend not to like lazy days. Those kinda days really make me lazy, I veg and watch TV and do NOTHING!!! For some reason those kinds of days give me a headache. It didn't help that yesterday was also a very emotional day for me. I tend to sway away from change and there was a lot of change at church yesterday. It is not that I am unhappy with the change. Well, I am in a way, one of the families that my husband and I work closely with are being transferred and their last day was yesterday. But with this move brings new experiences and I am sure new joys and friendships.

Okay so we all know that Mother's Day is coming up. I thought I had a LOT more time than this to be quite frank. But I made it easy on myself. My hubby wanted to send him mom flowers at work so I didn't really have to do anything for her but make a card. I couldn't just make a card though. I saw something I had to try on a blog I visit. The blog is called Pickled Paper Designs and Amy Sheffer is the one that authors it. I saw a post that she did for Verve stamps and just loved this idea. My mother-in-law reads, granted I don't know how much in the recent days, so I decided to try this out with her. I plan to make this bookmark into a card. I will share that with you tomorrow.

With this bookmark I started out with a square coaster that I cut into a 2 1/2" X 4" rectangle. I used tombo multi glue to cover the coaster with some PP I got at Target.

What is kinda hard to see is that I took my Life stamp set from PTI and stamped some flowers on the vellum cardstock in lavender moon and lemon tart.

I first used stark yellow button on this bookmark but just didn't really like it. I planned to start from scratch to make one I liked better. I am banking on the fact that yellow is her favorite color but didn't want to use JUST yellow so I paired it with purple (yeah, I like purple so much I have to find an excuse to put it on every project).



Instead of starting over to make some new I just changed the buttons. These buttons are making memories "chloe's closet" buttons I got at Michael's and are cream in color but work so well with this rest of the look.



deets:
stamps: PTI life, Autumn leaves pretty poppies
ink: PTI lavender moon, lemon tart, palette black
paper: PTI lavender moon, vellum, Target $1 spot PP
prima flower colored with a copic marker, joann's flower brad, self-adhesive pearl, Queen & Co. yellow brads, making memories "chloe's closet" buttons, jewelry thread, lavender moon ribbon from PTI.


I hope she likes it.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy



1 comment:

Tanya said...

Very pretty. I don't read much, but I may have to make one for the rare occasion that I do :)