Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flight Test Nation 2009

...is what the Air Show here last Saturday was called.  It was a crazy day and some things really upset me.  I was very excited that my parents and my sister and her family all showed up and we were able to spend the day with them.  Something that really upset me...my husband did not have any duties for the Air Show directly so he had to work in his office for a full 8 hour day.  That means he missed the whole Air Show.  We did get lunch with him which was nice but it would have been better if he could have experienced the Air Show with us.

Another thing that bothered me that day...I lost my son.  Luckily I was able to find him fairly quickly but for those minutes he was missing I felt horrible and they seemed to drag on.  It seems that as we left a Marine helicopter to go to another plan us adults changed plans and my son wasn't paying attention.  What makes it worse for me is that I wasn't even the one that realized he was missing.  It was my 13 year old niece.  I immediately began to panic and started walking to the lost and found.  Luckily I saw him in a golf cart with a man taking him to lost and found.  The funny part, if you can find a funny side to this story, was that he was found by the Marines.  The Marines saw him and he was apparently "very upset" and they saw this guy drive by and told him.
My poor baby wasn't crying but did want his blanket.  Since his blanket was at home all he wanted to do was go home.  He didn't want anyone touching him either.  But after that he didn't fight me anymore about holding my hand and staying real close to me.
Other than that we got to see a lot of cool things.  There was an Air Force monster truck.  Tora Tora Tora performed for us.  They are a reinactment performance group that reinacted the bombing of Pearl Harbor.  It was horrible for me.  Being an emotional person as it is, being pregnant has increased that 10 fold.  I had tears rolling down my eyes for basically the whole performance.

My boys and I got picked up near our house by a bus at 9:30 and we were at the show until after 3.  It was a very long day but all in all it was a great day.  My poor body is still recovering though.  When I got home I didn't even bother putting anything down.  I just walked right in the house and sat down, purse next to me and all.  I even got to take a short cat nap.
My parents came back to our house afterwards and we got to have dinner and watch a movie.  We watched "The Proposal".  If you haven't had the chance to see it I would highly suggest watching it.  It was hilarious.

Well, I think that is about it for today.  I am going to leave you with a few pictures from the show.
Thanks for stopping by!!!


resmith said...

It was a great!! But also an exhausting day! Losing C brought back a memory for me also. It isn't a good memory but always will remind us of the things we love the most. The dinner and movie was good also. It was a very funny movie!

Lorie said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm sorry about all the bumps in the day but I'm glad that you were able to spend the time with your family. I LOVE The Proposal! HUGS! Oh, and by the way...my middle son (now 17) got lost in Disneyland...well, he thought he was lost but I knew where he was. Anyway, maybe that will help your little guy stick close. :o)