Monday, October 19, 2009

Very belated birthday card

Happy Monday everyone!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was crazy and fun all at the same time.  I tell you though, two weekends in a row chalked full of activities has really worn me out.  The thing is I don't know when I am going to get a weekend where I can relax.  I am pretty sure that every weekend until the end of the year is pretty much gonna be filled with something.  I love it but my body is just screaming at me to slow down.  I guess I will have to try to do more of that during the week because I am too stubborn to not do any activities that I have been wanting to do.
Anyway, today I am showing you the card that I finally made for my mother-in-law.  Her birthday was a week ago tomorrow.  The sad thing is is that is also my brother's birthday and I still haven't gotten a card made for him and tomorrow in my brother-in-laws birthday and I haven't even thought abou a card for him.  I am getting so bad with cards here lately.  I used to be so good and have them done and in the mail for them to get on or before their birthday.  Oh well, I guess I kinda have an excuse this year, right?  :)

My husband, I guess, got tired of me not getting his mom's card together so he decided that he was going to pick some colors and accessories for the card.  The sketch/layout is from Friday sketchers and although I deviated a bit I just love how this card turned out and I hope she does as well.  the stamps are PTI as usual.  The tea cup is from the free set they gave out this year.  I think it is the first time that I inked up any of the pictures that came in the set.  Usually I just use the sentiments.  Since my mother-in-law loves her tea I figured it was a good match for her.
Well, enjoy your week.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy

2 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

This is a pretty card!! I am glad I got to see it in person.

Lorie said...

Super cute blog! Love that image!