Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday


It has been way too long since I have posted.  Not because I haven't wanted to.  I have just been a crafty slump.  I don't what it was.  Things have been going well for us.  My son is better with school, still reluctant to go but he goes without a fight so I am not complaining. 
The only real "bad thing" that has happened here is that my husband was put on 12 hour shifts last weekend.  My oldest had Friday off of school and we had made plans to do some fun family activities Saturday evening.  Instead I got a text message late Friday afternoon from my husband, he was to work 12 hour shifts until further notice.  There went our weekend plans.  Thankfully that only lasted until late Sunday afternoon.  So, he missed church as well but we had a nice surprise when we got home.  I was so happy to see him but worried that it meant he was leaving on a deployment.  That is still up in the air but for now he is home and we are on a regular schedule again  : )
 
Now for the card...this was made for my niece's birthday which was last Thursday.  She is now 15 years old.  That is scary for me.  When she was born I was planning my high school graduation.  Yep, I am "that" old  ;) 
My niece is beautiful, talented and very friendly.  She is just a sweetheart and I hate that we are no longer close to her to help her celebrate her birthday.  She will be graduating from high school herself in 2 years, another scary thing for me.  You better believe I will be there for that though.  As most 15 year olds are (I think anyway) she is very much into anime stuff.  She can draw anime like nobody's business.  She hopes to graduate, go to college and become a singer.  The smart girl that she is though she has a back-up plan, math teacher (I am so proud since that is what I want to do).  Who knows, we may end up doing our student teaching at the same time  :D
After seeing some of her drawings though I told her that I think she could do very well if she pursued her art talents.  I wish I had, a well known art school scout came to my house to look at my work.  She wanted me attend their art school, I didn't do it :(  Oh well, live and learn. 
All of that to show you my card.  It isn't my best but I am glad to have just finished a project.  Still working on my banner  :(

I am actually a bit distracted right now.  I am either suffering from a mild case of a head cold or allergies.  I took some meds and feel a bit better but still a little out of it.
What I can tell you is that I used PTI cardstock, PP is from a goodie bag I got from Wendy Sue from just me...and my little world.  The stamp is The Greeting Farm and was colored with copic markers.


This is the inside, of course..I used some more PP from the same pack that I got from Wendy Sue Anderson.  The flower is all made up from my stash of things and the sentiment is from Wplus9.
I still need a couple of things to finish my banner.  I hope to have that done with a few more things soon.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a cute card! Love the inside, too. You are doing the most important job in the world...being a mama! Never take that for granted!