Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Happy Tuesday everyone.  I hope you had a great Monday.  After the morning I had a wonderful day.  It was a nice day yesterday so we spent some time outside, I got to chat with our neighbor.  It was so nice.  We are supposed to have a few more warm days so I look forward to more days outside before we get some more snow.
 
Yesterday I mentioned a card I wanted to make because of a bag I saw one of the ladies from church carrying...I believe I mentioned a few days ago that I also won the March release from Wplus9.  I am so excited to say that I received my wonderful goodies in the mail yesterday.  Of course, as soon as I got the chance I had to play.  Then I came up with this idea to make some patterend paper with some of the stamps I got.  I incorporated about 3 or 4 Wplus9 stamps and only Wplus9 stamps.  The embellishments and the paper are not Wplus9 or course.  The paper is PTI, true black, blueberry sky and ripe avocado.
 

I started out by using the new Wplus9 set (Brother and Sisters) and making the patterened paper on true black using fresh snow ink.  At first I didn't buy the fresh snow ink for a long time.  I honestly didn't see the point buying white ink.  Now I am glad I did.
The center "snowflake" was stamped from another Wplus9 stamp from Mendhi Medallions.  I love that set and it definitely hasn't seen enough love lately.
 



The tag was made using the new and first Wplus9 die.  I used my cuttlebug to cut the tag out using both blueberry sky and ripe avocado.  It cut so smoothly and cleanly, I love it.  When I use my cuttlebug though, I run the die or empression plate/embossing folder 4 times (forward, backword, forward and then backword one last time)...I do that with ALL my dies, PTI, nestabilities, etc.

 
The border was stamped using fresh snow ink.  After finding just the right sentiment in Mendhi Medallions I realized there needed to be something more on the tag.  I found this cool stamp in the Damask Frames, it was stamped using versamark.  The ribbon, button, and bling are stuff from my stashes.  Lastly I threaded the button using black DMC floss.
I just love these cards and I had so much fun creating them.  I can't wait to do some more stuff. 
After stamping the center medallion in fresh snow I thought it would be fun to try it in versamark and then using embossing powder.  Also instead of black cardstock and white ink I want to use white cardstock and black ink.
Like I said, I have a lot of thank you cards to make so might as well make things a bit easier on me by using the same layout/look with different stamps.
That is about it for today, look forward to being back for more goodies to share.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

resmith said...

I really like how these turned out!! Beautifully done!