Monday, March 7, 2011

Verve layout

*edited to add information about the card



Welcome Monday and Friends!!!  I hope today is going well for you so far.
 
I do have a project to show you but no time to post about it.  Here is where I got my idea for the layout:



And here is my version of this layout.  Enjoy and I will be back later with a few more words.
 
 

WoooHooo!!!  I am back.  I had to get some serious house chores done.  I am still not 100% done but I need a break from folding almost 2 weeks of laundry  :D
So this card started out as a card for my nephew.  He turned 6 in the middle of February (yep, I am that far behind).  Since it has been so long since I have crafted I decided to look around at some layouts and go from there.  I just bought some new paper from Hobby Lobby.  I believe it is the store brand (The Paper Studio).  I just love the vintage look and what I used is only a small fraction of what is in the pack.
After the card was finished and I looked at it I just wasn't pleased.  Don't get me wrong I love the way this card turned out just not for a 6 year old boy.
The rest of the card is all PTI.  So fun and now it will be put in my stash until I need it for someone older  :D

Thanks for stopping by!!!


Photobucket



1 comment:

Elizabeth S. said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! I have been wanting to do a layout similar to this one, maybe I will give it a go.
Hope you are having a great start to your week.