Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter banner

*updated with info*

I don't have a lot of time to explain anything at the moment.  I finally have a chance to get to the gym after about 2 and a half weeks.  I never thought I would be a gym kinda person but I have realized that going to the gym has helped me throughout the rest of the day.  And since it has been so long I can see that I need the gym.  The last several days for sure, I have been having a difficult time getting myself up and ready to go in the morning.
 
Here are some pictures and I will be back later with some info.
  




After making this banner I realize that I definitely prefer the other style of banner.  There is a lot of things I like about this banner, the haphazard strings from sewing and the uneven banners.  I seem to like the seemingly unfinished banners.  I was going to cut off the edges of the vellum paper and the strings but decided I like it better leaving it as is.
Okay, so the paper is DCWV (boys nursery).  The buttons are a mix of buttons I found in my stash and PTI.  The embellies are prima flowers, egg shaped stamped with PTI polka dots and guide lines, there are a few things from my stash as well.  The letters are from my chipboard collection from creative memories, painted with acrylic paint and sprinkled with embossing powder (the same way I did our welcome sign).  The vellum strip was stamped with PTI pond life stamp that says "Hippity Hop" it was intended for a frog but I thought it worked for the "Easter bunny" as well.  I used 4 different inks, lavender moon, plum pudding, simply chartreuse and summer sunrise.
I think that is basically it  Nothing to extravagant.  In fact, I think I may be working on another one for next year because I am not sure about this one.

 
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Photobucket

No comments: