Thursday, April 7, 2011

Two for the price of one


Today I am doing something unusal for me.  Showing you two cards in one post.  I feel guilty that I haven't posted anything new in a while.  Here is why that is.  After the hubby's schedule calmed down I started with my migraines and the next day it went into something else.  I thought I had a bought of strep but according to the test done this morning that is not the case.  Some kind of viral thing that may have lead into a sinus infection.  So much fun dealing with all of this stuff, a child in school, a very rambuntious 5 year old and a 14 month old that is just about to start walking.  Yep, my two younger ones are late bloomers.  But that is fine with me.  The longer they take to walk the longer they get to be my baby's and the less time I have 3 boys running around my house.  And since my baby is my last I want him to stay that way for as long as possible.
 
So the cards: they are late birthday cards for one nephew and one niece.  I have a whopping 4 nieces and 2 nephews.  That makes 9 grandchildren for my parents.  I love it.  This is for my nephew who turned...um...oh this is sad...he is 2 and had is birthday all the way back in February.  I know, I am an awful aunt.
The card base is blueberry sky and the PP is from My Mind's Eye, I just love it.  I used some DMC floss and then the kraft cardstock was cut out using a Labels 4 nestie.  The dinosaur was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I wasn't going to color him in but couldn't help myself.  Now, I wish I hadn't but it is too late now, the card is on it's way.
Oh, the dinosaur is a stamp set from Our Craft Lounge.

This card was made for my now 15 year old niece (the oldest of the grandchildren).  She loves anything anime and does a great job drawing as well.  I thought this Greeting Farm stamp was perfect for her.  The blue is felt I picked up at Hobby Lobby for a whopping .25 cents.  The PP is some that I won from a blog.  Thanks Wendy.


Well, I am not feeling 100% still so I am going to leave you with that.  Hopefully I can get some down time to read or create.  I so want to do more creating.  I have so many ideas in my head not energy to get them out.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Late or not those are great card! Hope you are a 100% soon!