Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Sunday!!!



Yesterday we stayed home and did nothing...that only happened because my husband was on-call.  The distance to church and back is too far away for my husband to be at work in the allotted timeframe.  Since we missed him last Saturday with the hubby/daddy and a few others recently I didn't want to take the boys to church and miss more precious time with him.  I was disappointed though, because it has been 3 or so weeks now since we have been.  I need that inspiration and spirit to get me going again.
As you are reading this I am off exploring a B-1B.  That is the plane that my husband now works on here in South Dakota.  He is very proud of the fact that he was a part of the support in Libya just a few weeks back.  I am very proud of my husband and what his job means for our family and OUR country.
 
So on to my fun and happy Sunday...

I have been wanting to make homemade bread for a long time.  It is something I want to get into more...making homemade instead of always buying from the store.  After what almost happened to the government I realized we, as a family, seriously need to work harder on being more self-reliant.  That aspect has been on my mind for a while but with a move and trying to get settled into a new home it is very, very slow going.

I learned a few things, like your arms really do get a workout if you do it right.  Also, it is so rewarding knowing that what your family is eating was something you personally made from scratch.  My husband, my oldest son and I all had a sandwich made from one of the loaves of bread.  It was amazing, if I do say so myself.


These are cookies I made.  They are actually called "Chocolate Coconut Cookies"  I got the recipe from my mom.  I am not sure where she got it from.  I meant to ask her several times but still have not.

I like to refer to them as haystack cookies.  It is hard to see but the coconut makes them look like little haystacks.


Well, I think that is about it for me today.  As soon as I get back from my adventure exploring our new home I will post pictures.  I am excited but being away from home for the whole day is a bit scary.  I haven't been away from my boys for that long in a long time.  It is like going back to work for the first time in 7 years.  But I know it is going to be fun and some much needed time away from my everyday life.  Hopefully I will come back with some wonderful inspiration and fun projects to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

 
 
Photobucket

No comments: