Friday, April 15, 2011

Masks


Happy Friday everyone!!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned.  We are not sure what is going to happen for us this weekend.  We should know by end of the day if we can even start making plans.  I think that is going to be the norm for us while here.
I wanted to share this picture with you and show off my crafty boys.  I had a meeting to attend yesterday morning and since my husband had the day off my 2 little guys stayed home with daddy (big man was at school).  While I was gone my middle man decided to have some crafty fun with my supplies.  One of the things he got a hold of was my stickles.  I have forgotten about them so I guess it wasn't a big deal (at least they were getting used.)  Unfortunately during his craft time he got stickles on the floor or kitchen cabinet.
Later in the afternoon my husband decided to put some locks on the kitchen cabinets since little man has been throwing things around.  Needless to say some of the glittery stickles got on my husbands drill cord and the cool thing, it is my favorite color.
What you don't see in this picture is that after it was taken my middle man grew tired of holding the drill and dropped it.  The drill bit, that was still in the drill, landed first and broke.  Now I owe the hubby some new drill bits  :(


The card I am sharing with you today is one I used trying to channel Dawn McVey.  Her style always inspires me and wants me to try to be better.  I saw a post of hers explaining how she is always able to make beautiful cards.  She said something that made sense but at the same time was like a "duh" moment.  "When things aren't going just right just take it apart because it is only paper." (not a word for word quote).  Cards are only paper...duh, I knew that but I didn't understand it.
Why do I share this, because I wanted to make a thank you card, I wanted to use the new PTI Make it Monday challenge.  The challenge is masking.
I used a Martha Stewart border punch at my mask and sponged using plum pudding ink.  The border is spring rain cardstock.  The flower is prima and the button is PTI.
The sentiment border was stamped using a WaltzingMouse Label 4 stamp with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment itself is stamped using 2 wplus9 stamps in black.  The fun stuff in the middle was first drawn on with a white gel pen and the circles were stamped with PTI polka dot basics stamps in fresh snow.  I also added a bit of fun with a scrappy cat stamp on each corner and ran over it with a glitter pen.
I am so happy with it I am glad I took Dawn's advice and took apart what I didn't like and started over instead of just finishing just because I had already started something.

Have a great weekend...just got word, we may be without the hubby (he is on standby), not sure  :(

Thanks for stopping by!!!



 
 
Photobucket

No comments: