Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Cards to our injured soldiers

I got an email from my Dad a few days back and wanted to share it here on my blog. This is important to me not only because my husband is in the Air Force but because I come from a long line of men who served in the Armed Services in many campaigns during this countries life.
We need to remember our soldiers throughout the year and not just when we need them or during a holiday for them, always.
Our service men and women work hard and sacrifice a lot every single day for ALL of us to live the lives that we choose to live. Would you want to be told what you can and can't do? Okay, so we do have laws but without laws comes chaos. Laws are good and do help us become more free. I didn't truly understand that concept until I became a parent and learned it from the other side.
So, please pass this on. I know I will be sending at least one if not more.

*A very nice idea..... **When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.
A Great Idea!!!When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington , D.C. 20307-5001

If you approve, please pass it on.*
P.S. I am not going to show any eye candy because I want to make sure that this message is heard and spread. The soldiers need all the love they can get especially being injured and during the holidays. It is very hard for them to understand what they are going through.

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Awesome....

Thanks for supporting our troops (my dh is army!) Thank you to your husband for serving (and you too--cause we all know how hard the ride is too!)

Happy Thanksgiving!