Monday, January 26, 2009

Alzheimer's card...


Happy Monday All!!! I hope Monday is treating you well so far. It is so far a good Monday for me. I hope I can keep up the same feeling throughout the day. It does help that we have a lovely sunny day today.

The other day I was trying to get my stamps and craft table in order. It is a terrible mess and I would be so ashamed if any of you saw it. While trying to reorganize my stamps I cam across a stamp set that I totally forgot I even had. And I received the set before Christmas. I am so horrible.

When I saw this new set I knew I had to use it right away to show it off. Well, this is the card I ended up making with it. I had planned on making a long card because I have seen so many wonderful cards lately using that size. But I just couldn't make it work. When I started this card I had no idea what I was going to do so I just went one step at a time.

I found some scrap PTI summer sunrise cardstock that would work so well with the pumpkin image. So I started with that. Found a great size of green cardstock that worked so well.

The summer sunrise looked so plain though I had to pull out my PTI guide lines stamp set and add some design to the paper. It wasn't what I expected to make but it worked for me.

The pumpkin was colored using prismacolor pencils (I would have used copics but I don't have orange).

From there I knew the green strip needed something else so I took my crystal bling and added three to add just a little something.

The flowers just seemed to fit as well. I just grabbed some that seemed to work and glued them on. None of them are brand names, just something I picked up at Michael's or Joann's, as well as the brads. Actually, that might be wrong. Some of those brads could be Queen & Co.

The sentiment is from the same set the pumpkin came from. I guess I didn't say what set that is, right? I got it from Gina K. and it is called "Whimsical Autumn" and all the proceeds go to Alzheimer's research.

I know we are way passed the fall that this card seems to be inspired from but when I think of thanks, I think pumpkins and thanksgiving. It just seems to fit. Plus, the name of the stamp set says Autumn, just had to do it. This isn't my usual type of card but I am very fond of it. Plus, I am sure that I am going to have an excuse to use this card soon. There always seems to be a reason to send a thank you card out.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Ooooo...Missy...I love this! Very pretty!