Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Peanut


Hello All!!! I have been getting to this kinda late. This has been one crazy week and will be until sometime tomorrow. I love Fridays though.

I would have had this up sooner but my oldest had his speech therapy today. I was concerned because on Tues. (he only has to go on Tues. and Thurs.) he didn't do what he was supposed to and didn't get his sticker reward. I worked with yesterday and made sure he understood that we were there for him to work and not to play around.

I was very happy to see him walk out with not one, but two stickers today. I guess even though it is more work and frustration for me, I need to make a point to sit with him and correct him when he mispronounces a word.

But you guys didn't come here to hear about my son's speech problems and my woes in working with him, right?

I splurged and got some goodies from Papertrey Ink. I keep hearing everyone talk about how great the Raspberry Fizz is and I just love the polka dot basics stamp set so I got those instead of the new stuff that came out.

I copied Geny Cassidy's idea of making your own a patterned paper with the single polka dots in the set and using a bunch of colors.

I took 3 of the polka dots at a time and stamped them several times on vintage cream cardstock using lavender moon, spring rain, and raspberry fizz ink. Those are 3 colors I haven't used very often and wanted to try them out. The lavender moon and spring rain are very soft and subtle and the raspberry fizz added a splash of color in it. I love it.

The ribbon is lavender moon and a $1 spool of blue I got at Michael's a while back.

I used "Peanut" again from Our Craft Lounge. He looks so much better than the last time I used him. I used Prismacolor pencils and baby oil to color him in this time. I really like the way it looked. I started out coloring him in with a black colored pencil since I don't have gray but then decided since I used blue in the dots that I would use blue for "Peanut" as well. I just love how it turned out (did I say that already?)
I forgot to mention the flowers. They are the bridal flowers from Michael's and the purple one is colored with a copic marker and I took vintage cream ink and rubbed it on the flower to mute the white of the flower.
Very easy and I really love how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy
P.S. I posted a late post yesterday as well so if you didn't see it please scroll down for that one.

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Awwww that is sooo cute! I do so love cute elephant images!