Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Craft Lounge


Happy Friday!!! We made it, wooohooo!!!

So, I mentioned a while ago that my mom, sister, niece, and I attended a class here in California where Marianne from Copic Markers led a make and take. At that time there was a sale on the new stamp company called "Our Craft Lounge" so I bought a adorable set (but they are all adorable). The set I bought featured Peanut the Elephant. Oh and by the way, all the images are hand drawn my Marianne.

Okay, so on to the card. My husband happened to mention to me that one of his co-workers mentioned he had a birthday last week but didn't tell anyone. Well, being a card marker I could not let someone go without making them a birthday card. I know it is already a week late but better late than never right.

Okay, so like I said my hubby is military so his co-worker is a "young" guy. I made the card assuming that he would take it home and throw it in the trash. I was shocked to find out that my hubby's co-worker thought it was great and was surprised to find out that I made it and left it on his desk.

Okay so for some details. I went simple and started by stamping "Peanut" on PTI white cardstock and colored him in with copic. Now, my supply of copics are small so I did what I can with him. I am not happy with the fact that I had to use so much ink to dull the "red" in his ears that it bled onto his ear but I was okay with it being that way for this purpose (again, i thought he was going to just throw it away anyway).

I used scrap paper for the rest, I can't remember the name of the colors of the rest of paper. The sentiment was cut out using a spellbinders dies and a coaster chipboard.

Inside, I stamped some balloon's and another sentiment from the set that says, "Hope your b-day doesn't blow" it was so cute and hubbies co-worker got a kick out of it.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy
P.S. I am sorry about the last few pictures being washed out. I have no idea what is going on

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I love that elephant! Those images are so cute! I'm glad your hubby's co-worker loved it! :o)