Saturday, January 3, 2009

No crafty stuff for a few days...

I don't usually post on the weekend but I wanted to give you all a heads up.
I have a very bad back, it all started 9 years ago when I was in a bad car accident. I made it worse when I played my nieces Wii games. We will be getting one soon as well but I don't think I am going to be able to use it as much as I thought. I am going to have to get the Wii Fit and see if that helps some.
Anyway, Thursday I noticed my back was very achy. I felt like someone had punched either side of my back for hours. But, that I am used to so wasn't terribly worried and went about my activities and errands.
I woke up Friday doing my daily duties since my hubby had to work. Again, nothing out of the ordinary, just a sore back and arm.
I got one son down for a nap and asked my oldest to clean up some of the messes they had made earlier that morning.
We had some of those pop-its that you throw and they make a popping noise. I offered one to my son to throw as a treat after picking up his mess. I told him he had to throw it outside but he wanted to throw it in my kitchen. I told him no and then watched him walk towards the kitchen (thinking he was putting away another toy) turns out I hear a pop. Yep, he deliberately disobeyed me.
This is where I show how bad of a mother I can be. When I heard the pop I yelled at my son and smacked his bottom and told him to go to his room. He didn't like that very much and threw a tantrum. I went to pick him up and physically take him to his room. That is when something popped (I think) in my back and I just dropped to the floor and couldn't even crawl. I had to have my son get me the phone and call my hubby at work to get me off the floor and into my bed.
Since then I have been basically bedridden with back pain. I haven't gone to the doctor. I will tell you why. My husband and I have been trying to have another baby. I am sure that the doctors will just want me to get doped up on pain killers and let it ease out. I don't think I am pregnant now but I don't want that in my system when I could end up pregnant. It sounds silly but I don't like taking any kind of heavy medication so this is just something I will suffer through until it eases up.
I am hoping I am doing better tomorrow (Sunday) as I have a new calling at church and will be working in the Primary with my boys and my youngest will be starting primary for the first time tomorrow. I don't want to miss my first day in a new job or my son's first day in primary.
Thankfully I have a wonderful husband that is willing to do everything I need him to do. He has been great and very helpful and is now at the commissary buying our groceries. I really got lucky to have found a man as wonderful as him. I will have something crafty for you as soon as I can get up and moving again.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy!!!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh..I'm sorry about your back and while I understand about the pregnancy thing you don't want to suffer unnecessarily or do more harm to your back so don't delay to long to see the doctor! HUGS!