Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Going Nuts



Happy Tuesday!!! This is a little late because my older guy has speech this morning. But I did want to get on here and finally show you a project I made last week that I have been dying to show you. I checked Nichole's blog before starting this to make sure there were no challenges on there. Well, there is but not something I need to post here. If you want to win a very adorable craft made my Nichole and the design team go to Nichole's blog and enter your guess.

While doing some blog surfing last week I came across a lady's blog (sorry I cannot remember who it was) who directed me to splitcoaststampers and a tutorial to make a gable box. I have never made a gable box but get in a rut making cards so why not do something else every once in a while, right?

So, I set to make a gable box. I want to preface this by saying that I am limited in my supplies because not only am I cheap but my husband is military and I don't work so my supply budget is limited so I went with what I had.

Really the only thing I was missing was the oval punch. I went to the next best thing I have, a small circle punch. I think it turned out just adorable and would make them over and over again this way.

The cardstock is PTI vintage cream stamped with polka dot basics in spring rain.`I secured the box closed with a clip I bought through oriental trading post and some Michael's ribbon. The sentiment if from PTI's "my punny valentine" stamp set and was stamped using cat's eye brown chalk ink on vintage cream and I sponged the edges with spring rain. That was matted on PTI's dark chocolate cardstock. The flowers are some I had in my stash, sorry can't remember where they are from. I sewed on the buttons by hand.

The main image is also from my punny valentine. I used vintage cream and brown chalk's eye to stamp the squirrel. I just love how he turned out. It makes him look all fuzzy and adorable. The nut is also from the same set. It was stamped using SU! creamy caramel and cat's eye chalk ink on vintage cream and then cut out and adhered to the image using a pop dot.

Oh yeah, the squirrel was stamped on kraft cardstock. I started with dark chocolate cardstock and to add some more color used some PP I got from target a while back from Marcella K (I just love that paper pack) and then the image was secured on top of that.

I think that is it. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy
P.S. Do you like my picture staging? hehehe

2 comments:

Lorie said...

What a fun box! I love your "staging" area...lol!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Mmmm looks good enough to eat! *wink*