Thursday, February 5, 2009

Papertrey Ink Altered Bag



Hello Again everyone!!! If you haven't seen my digi post already today then be sure to check it out after reading this post.
If you may not have noticed I have a LOT of Papertrey Ink supplies, stamps, ink, ribbon, cardstock, etc. Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 2nd anniversary of being in business. To help celebrate not only are they giving away the entire year of stamps to a lucky winner but they are also giving away a bag with a $100 gift certificate to use in their online store.
If you haven't been to Papertrey before then you so need to check them out. The website is easy...www.papertreyink.com. One of the co-owners, Nichole Heady, also has a blogged called "Capture the Moment" her things are really inspired and inspiring.
To win the bag and gift certificate one needs to alter a bag, it can be a bag already made or you can come up with your own bag design. Post it to your online gallery or blog and then link back to it on Nichole's blog.
This is what I came up with. There are a few things I would change given the chance. I do no like how the fun ended up all the way at the top. But I do love all the elements I brought into it. Maybe I am getting my mojo? and then some, huh? Who knows, whatever happened I hope it stays with me for a long time.
The hearts were stamped using a PTI stamp sets, "My Punny Valentine" in SU! Mellow Moss, certainly celery and Palette ink lavender sachet. For the solid heart I used PTI raspberry fizz and just rubbed it in the ink. The ribbon is PTI stitched sweet blush. The background lavender cardstock was stamped with PTI stamp set, "Polka Basics" in raspberry fizz and mellow moss.
The flowers, brads and buttons were all purchased at either Joann's or Michaels and are the respective brands, oh and the hearts are chipboard that was purchased at Joann's and the same brand.
The PP was just some that I found in my stash of cardstock not being used. The buttons were hand sewn to the ribbon and cardstock. It was actually easy peasy. I just love how it all turned out. I hope you do as well.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy
P.S. Don't forget to check out the last post that shows off my youngest son done digitally.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet and so much wonderful detail here...love your layering and your scallops. Thanks so much for sharing your creation!
Melissa

Cheryl said...

I like the layered hearts and flowers. So pretty.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh wow this is so pretty! I love all the layers! It makes all the difference!! Thanks for always stopping by my blog and leaving me such beautiful comments! You make my day!

Lorie said...

This is so cute Missy! You did a great job...good luck!