Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back...sort of

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. Mine was wild and crazy and fun. I spent 4 days with my parents. I am sure they are more than happy to have their house back to themselves. My boys were like a tornado through their house.


We got the opportunity to take a drive and go to the beach. I was born in Huntington Beach and lived there until I graduated from 3rd grade. I remember it fondly. My boys have only seen the ocean from Alaska and the only "beach" they have seen was Lake Tahoe. It turns out they love the beach but hate the water/ocean. I hope we can change that one.


Here are a few pictures of our time there. We actually went to Sunset Beach which was awesome, so peaceful and quiet. Supposedly Sandra Bullock and Jesse James live there but we don't know what house and there are quite a few houses.


I also gave my father a Father's Day gift that I think he liked. I have some horrible pictures so I hope you will forgive me. I didn't think to take a picture until my mom mentioned it and it was already in the frame.

In case you can't read it...the bottom section says "(our last name) grandbaby #3 Coming Soon February 2010." I think they were a little bit excited about the news. I can't believe I was able to keep the secret for as long as I did. I am horrible at keeping secrets. Turns out that is why I have been having all my headaches and not feeling very well. I am so excited and so not expecting it. Should be fun :)



Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy





2 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Melissa, I really enjoyed having you and the boys here. I know your dad did too!! You can stay whenever you want. I really enjoyed the company and seeing things through the boys' eyes. Yes, we were very excited about the news. We know how much you wanted another one. It also gives me a reason to make the baby quilts I have been wanting to make. :)

Lorie said...

How fun Melissa! Looks like it was a great time! And, I'm so happy for you! I wondered if you were pregnant since you've been sick so often. Congratulations!

As as side note...I'm having a hard time reading your new font on your blog. I'm sure no one else is but thought I'd mention it.