Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dawn's distressed flowers


Happy Tuesday everyone!!! I hope your Monday was good. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I woke up feeling very sick and having a horrible migraine. After laying down for a few hours I forced myself to get up (my boys had free rain of the house and I know they had torn part of it up) so my husband didn't have to come home for lunch to a house torn to pieces. Once I got moving I felt much better. I am glad it wasn't one of the really bad ones that lasts all day long. Because of my lack of energy in the morning I wasn't able to get any crafty stuff done. I had a house to clean up instead. I am actually still trying to catch up on all the house duties.

When I woke up today I felt a little sick still. Don't know what that was all about but again, once I got moving I started feeling much better. So I got started, actually I finished, a card that I began last night.

I am thinking I am going to send this to my sister-in-law who will be turning 20 next week. She loves pink so of course I had to make her card pink. I pretty much used the same layout that Lorie created for her sketch challenge and also used Dawn McVey's tutorial on distressed flowers to make the flower. It was pretty cool. I hope she likes it.

Deets:

stamp: Scrappy Cat flourish stamp (found at Michael's during my last outing), PTI everyday classics.

ink; PTI raspberry fizz, palette brown

paper: PTI lavender moon, dark chocolate, sweet blush, pp from target, me & my big ideas

button: chloe's closet by making memories

linen thread

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

3 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Very pretty!! Great job with the flowers. I need to give that a try. I can't believe it is her birthday, it just don't seem that long ago that she had one. Tell her Happy Birthday for us.

Lorie said...

Oh, I loved that tutorial and I'm going to try it too! LOVE your card and that sketch is perfect for the distressed flowers, huh? Guess I need to CASE you back! :o)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!