Thursday, September 18, 2008

10 minute card


...and it shows. I had a busy evening again last night and that is when I usually do all my crafting. So when my husband and I got the boys in bed I ran to my craft room and through this card together. While I am not completely satisfied with how this card turned out I am not totally unhappy with it either.
I wanted to use my Billy stamp so I went with "boy" colors. This card is made completely from scrap paper. I have so much scrap paper that I need to start using it. Since this card was made from scraps I have no idea where the blue and red cardstock is from. The kraft is SU! and the PP is Leavin' Prints. Does anyone even remember Leavin' Prints? They used to be a scrapbook supply company like Creative Memories but within the year I found out that they went out of business. It is too bad because I really liked their stuff.
I found this piece of blue that was already cut to 8 1/2 X 7 1/2 so I just scored it at 4 1/4 to make my long card.
I took my red paper and cut it smaller by a 1/4" and then used my cuttlebug paisley embossing folder and embossed it.
Then I just the PP and cut a piece for an accent and made the kraft paper a 1/4" larger. I had this extra piece of kraft so I decided to use it for the picture. Again I was going to use my Billy stamp but instead grabbed my Pond Life set from PTI. I stamped the lily pad in Palette landscape but then realized it didn't "match" the rest of the card so that is why my frog is blue and the dragonfly is red. I don't know if you get it but the frog was supposed to look like he just jumped off the lily pad to eat the dragonfly. Do frogs eat dragonflies?
The ribbon is from Target's $1 section and the white accents are from my white gel pen. I hope you liked it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!!!
Missy

No comments: