Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back in Cali

We made it to Kansas and back. What a trip it was. It was fun and the wedding was just wonderful. It was so nice to see some family again for a good occasion this time. Last time I saw them it was for a funeral.
Of course, this time my Grandmother ended up in the hospital. She has a bad liver and diabetes. It turns out her ammonia levels were really high and not really responding to pain. She was admitted to ICU and had to be put on a ventilator and wasn't responding to anyone. She basically was in what they were calling an ammonia coma (never heard of that before).
Well, she is doing much better now. I got word that she is off the ventilator and is now talking, asking for people. Such a good sign. I wish we could have stayed there and kept her company but unfortunately real life was calling.
I plan on getting pictures of from our trip tomorrow but I will not have anything crafty as of yet.
Hope you guys had a great weekend and a great start for the week.
Thanks for stopping by.
Missy

No comments: