Friday, September 26, 2008

Snowy scraps


Happy Friday!!! Yeah, it is Friday, time to relax, yeah right, hehehe.

Sorry I have been MIA the last couple of days. Things have been crazy. Crazy and quiet actually. My sister was kind enough to take my boys for a few days. As much as I love those guys I was ready to strangle them (not really, I am not that bad. I just needed a break). Plus, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning and it made it easy to go without having to worry about the boys.

I got some goodies from PTI last Monday. I was so excited. I picked up the ink pad of Poppy Red and the wonderful "Made of Snow" stamp set. I couldn't wait to get started and play with this set. I do have to admit that this set does have a learning curve. I made a couple of creations with this set. I have decided to show you my least favorite of the two first so you can get excited with me about the second.

My first project is a scrapbook page. We have several pictures of my boys playing in the snow being that we used to live in Alaska. I took the snowman and dressed him up like I thought a traditional snowman would look. I took Lauren Meader's idea and tore some paper to make a "snowy" hills for the snowman. I also had some Crystal Snow I got from Michael's (I thought it was white glitter). I glued some on the paper snow with glue. The snowman was stamped on kraft paper and then I used white fun flock to make him soft.

The trees were paper pieced. I decided to use 3 trees, 1) Alaska has a lot of pine trees, 2) I have two boys and look forward to someday bringing home another baby (that is why I have 2 tall trees and one small tree). I also took some of the crystal snow and put that on the tip top of the trees. Lastly I want to mention that on the top right corner of the page I stamped a snowflake (Michael's $1 spot find) using versamark ink and used some EP to make it sparkle. Now the only thing I have left to do is put the picture of my boys on the page.

I think that is it for the page. If I missed anything let me know and I will post it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday and an even better weekend. Believe it or not even though we won't have the boys this weekend it is going to be fairly busy. My hubby has a class he has to take for the cub scouts (he is a cub scout den leader for our church) and I get to do some window shopping while wasting time. Saturday night we are going to have our usual date night (when we get to have one) and getting something to eat and going to watch some movie (we don't know yet because we aren't sure what is even in the theaters anymore).

Again, thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Missy

No comments: