Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some what finished card box



Happy Wednesday!!! Hope you had a great Tuesday. Tuesday is always better than Monday but still so tough. It is hard for me to get back into the swing of things after having a weekend to just relax and be lazy.

But WOOOHOOO!!! I basically finished the card box. I say basically because I didn't do any tags and such. I just left those two parts open because I don't do tags much and just figured I can keep it open until I decide what I want to use those sections for.

All I needed to do was spruce up the inside a bit so I took my ladybug dotted trail from PTI's little lady stamp set and stamped it twice on either side of the open box using chalk ink in dark brown (the second one on each side was not re-inked, just stamped once and then a second time so the second trail is slightly duller). Then I used my smaller butterfly from Verve's Petals and Stems stamp sets in PTI Plum pudding ink to stamp all flying trail.

To make the Address book I took some paper I had from a journal I haven't altered yet and cut the paper to 5 X 3 1/2. Then I cut the DP down to 5 1/2 X 3 1/2. Scored them all and punched 2 holes in the edge and put brads in them. For the label I took some kraft paper and inked the edge with the same brown ink for the flying trail. Then I took some PTI plum pudding cardstock and stamped the envelope image on it with the same brown as before. I got the stamp while on vacation in Connecticut so I can't tell you who it is from. I can't even remember the store I bought it at.

Since I don't actually have a alphabet stamp set I just took a pen and wrote "Addresses" by hand. I hate my writing but I had to do something, right? hehehe

Well, I believe that is it. Simple and so cool :P

I love it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!!

Missy

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Very cute! You did a great job!