Monday, August 18, 2008

Family, Olympics, church, Twilight Saga

LOL!!! What does all that mean? Well, those are my excuses for not having anything creative for you today. We will start with the first one, I may have mentioned this before so ignore. My SIL is visiting so we have been trying to do things to make her stay more appealing. After all, how fun can coming to the desert in the height of the summer heat be for someone who is not used to it?
Second, the Olympics. I have been keeping a close eye on everything. That Michael Phelps is something, huh? I almost feel like his mother, so proud of all of his accomplishments. I tell you, I was in tears when he won the last two gold medals for sure. Poor Alicia Saccramone. I feel so bad for her. She was definitely robbed in her single vault attempt. There is no way I believe that the Chinese gymnast should have gotten the bronze when she fell and Alicia only had some minor issues (which I didn't even notice).
On to church, yep, church was yesterday but I had to teach a class so I had to hurry up and get a lesson plan in one week and with everything else we had going on that was one feat I am glad I accomplished and is over.
Now, I am not sure how many of you have heard of the Twilight books. It is a set of 4 soon to be 5 books. They were written by a new author named Stephanie Meyer. The first book is now a movie that will be coming in Thanksgiving time frame. They are about vampires and teenage love. It is a little silly but it is from a teenagers point of view so some of it is going to be silly to us "adults" hehehe. Anyway, I read the first book in about 4 days. I just couldn't put it down without it calling my name. After some searching I finally got the second book and started it last night. I am already on page 100 something. It is great. I love that I found something new and interesting to read. I have been a Danielle Steel fanatic since I was a preteen (thanks Grandma and Mom : D ) and I still love her books and will continue to read as long as she puts them out but it was nice to read something fresh and new.
Okay, so there are all my excuses. I have a few things to do online and then I plan on getting into the craft room. If you read Jody's blog "Confessions of a Ribbon Addict" I am going to recreate her box/bag she put a tutorial up for. I hope you come back tomorrow to check it out.
Missy

1 comment:

Geny said...

I so agree about Alicia Sacramone!!!