Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Monday!!!


I know, who REALLY likes Mondays? I sure in the heck don't. I actually hate them with a passion but it is also something you need to live through to get to another weekend so here we are surviving another Monday hehehe

On to the card. I sat down at my craft table wondering what I was going to do for a craft. Then, duh, I have my older brother's wedding this coming weekend I haven't made a card for. I decided I was going to use my favorite color, I hope they like it okay.

I started with Lavender Moon cardstock from PTI, grabbed some scrap SU! kraft cardstock I had and then set out to pick a PP that matched. I couldn't find anything I like so I sat down with what I had to decide how I was going to do this. That is when I saw my brand new chocolate PP from PTI I haven't even touched so I pulled out some of the polka dot paper and went with that. Besides, chocolate goes with everything hehehe. (I really need to figure out how to do the smileys on here).

The first thing I did was cut some PP to fit what I wanted to do with the card. The kraft paper was basically cut anyway (my boys got a hold of it) so I just went with that and grabbed my scallop scissors and finished what they started.

From there I decided I didn't have a "main image" stamp that I wanted to use for this card so I got out my PTI floral frenzy set and made a pattern on my kraft paper using palette brown and PTI lavender moon ink. From there I took some palette new canvas and stamped the dots from floral frenzy on the lavender moon card base. Then glued it all together.

I took my lavender moon ribbon and tied it around the two PP (one I had and one I created).

The sentiment was cut out using my nestabilities in the PP and the lavender moon. The lavender moon was sponged with new canvas ink before removing the cutting die then it was stamped over that using the "heart" from the my punny valentine stamp set from PTI. The sentiment is from the anniversary set and stamped in palette brown. I sponged the edge of the sentiment tag using more brown and then the PP was sponged on the edges with lavender moon. Both were attached to each other and the card using SU! dimensionals.

I took my self-adhesive pearls and put three on the top left corner and the bottom right to add some more dimension. Lastly I took my clear glitter pen and traced the sentiment.

It is my simple card. I am trying to go simple as I have a tendency to go over board with layers and extras. I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Missy

No comments: