Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Captured Card Case



Wooohooo!!! It is hump day.
I need to apologize for my absence yesterday. I woke up with a migraine. I am prone to migraines so not really a big deal but it was a BAD one. I haven't had a bad one in a long time so I guess I was due. But this knocked me off my feet basically all day. I was able to get my husband to work, my son to speech, and then go pick my husband up for lunch but that is about all I did yesterday. I have to brag on my husband again. He truly is special. I am very lucky that he found me. He was upset, about the boys. I really had no strength or desire to do anything but lay around. The boys, 5 and 3, pretty much had the run of the house. My poor husband came home to a messy house twice yesterday. Once when I got him for lunch and then when he came home at the end of the day. He cleaned up the house, took them outside to play so I can soak in the tub, and then made them dinner and put them to bed. He also took care of me. Anything I wanted he did. Really, do I have a good husband or what?
I started feeling a little normal around 9ish, just in time to watch "Dancing with the Stars" hehehe. I woke up this morning feeling almost myself. I still have some lingering pain in my head but nothing I can't muscle through.
Monday night I started working on my captured card case by Lauren Meader. It is one of the templates she released through Papertrey Ink on the 15th of this month. I loved what she did with it. I actually made my note cards to put in this box specifically.
I did do a little extra on the case. I wanted to flair it up just a little and make it more my own. So, it took a little while longer to put together. The box is easy peasy and you can do so much with it. I can't wait to play around some more. I got some things running through my head. I am supposed to think of some ideas for Teacher Appreciation for our Primary teachers at church. I am either thinking the box or the basket. We are going to hand them out around Easter so maybe the basket to keep the Easter feel, right?
Okay, I guess I should stop talking and let you see how my Captured Card Case turned out. I LOVE Lauren's templates. Seriously, if you haven't tried them yet, run, don't walk to Papertrey Ink and get at least the free one for now. Just save it to your computer and you can print them out as many times and in as many colors as you want.
Deets:
paper: SU! Kraft, PTI lavender moon, PTI chocolate remix
ink: SU! creamy caramel, palette brown, PTI lavender moon
ribbon: PTI lavender moon
stamps: PTI guide lines, PTI floral frenzy, Abassador Monogram Edition, Verve stamps fluttering by, Psalm 37:4, Petals and Stems
flowers: prima
brad: Joann's
As always, thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Hi Missy, love your little gift boxes and baskets, such a nice gift idea! The papers and colors are very pretty, love the tags too.

Wanted to say thank you too for stopping by my blog and letting me know about how you feel about Whimsy Stamps! Made me smile! :) Thank you for taking the time to do that, enjoy your frog! :)