Monday, March 23, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenege #22/Niece's birthdayAmy R.'s sketch challenge


Happy Monday!!! (that is quite the title, right?)

I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday we went to my sister's to have a birthday party for my niece (She will be 13 tomorrow) Happy Birthday JoAnna!!! And my brother-in-laws birthday (He will be 3? on Friday) Happy Birthday Aaron!!!

It was so much fun. Can you guess what we did? OMGosh!!! I think the last time I did what we did on Saturday for their birthday's I was still a teenager (and I am not even close to that anymore). I actually got into a pair of skates. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. But after a few trips around the rink I was pretty much back to where I was when I stopped skating. I seriously did not take those skates off again until we left. My husband thought I was crazy. Maybe I am hehehe.

I tell you what though. My bum is a little sore. Can you believe after many, many trips on the skating rink I didn't fall? That is until I was watching my oldest son playing skee ball. Yep, just standing there watching him play and bam, right on my hiney. I still have no idea what made me fall. Nothing what so ever. There is absolutely no reason I should have ended up on the floor. That is the most frustrating part.

I have to brag too. My boys have NEVER been on skates before, NEVER, and they are 5 and 3. Both of them put skates on and my youngest did okay but didn't want to have them on for long. My oldest, he did awesome. Refused to let me help him and he actually went around the rink by himself once. He did great. He never gave up, kept trying and eventually got it. Well, he isn't a pro by any means but I know if we get the chance to go skating again he will do it.

This is the card I made for my niece for her birthday. I love how it turned out. But as you noticed it also has two other purposes. I just love Whiff of Joy stamps. They truly are so relaxing and therapeutic to color. I colored her again with my prismacolor pencils. If I had the copic markers to color her I would but I also love the look that a pencil gives her as well. So the Whiff of Joy challenge is to use green. Do you think I have enough green?

Deets:
paper: PTI sweet blush, spring moss, stampers select white, and PP is from JoAnn's
ink: PTI spring moss, palette black, PTI sprig rain for the sky
stamps: PTI my punny valentine (sentiment), silent night (flourish on the card base)
copic markers for the grass
prismacolor pencils to color in the angel
jewelry thread for the "ribbon"
Prima flowers and a $1 spot target find brad.

I also used Amy R.'s Friday sketch for this card. I had to turn the sketch to fit the image I wanted to use but I hope she doesn't mind. It made the card so lovely and the colors I used, I think, makes the card so soft and sweet. My niece seemed to like it too.

Now, I also said it was my brother-in-laws birthday too. I made him a card as well and I will be sharing that card with you tomorrow. Until then, have a great Monday!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you all had a wonderful time, your card that you made for your niece is beautiful. hugs rachxx

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful card!! :0)