Friday, March 6, 2009

New Whimsy Stamp

Happy Friday everyone!!! I hope you had a great day yesterday. Mine went very fast. I had fun doing some shopping with my mom and being able to have lunch with my mom and dad. I even got to spend some time with my sister and niece. It was a great day. I just wish it didn't go by so fast AND I didn't loose my son's sunglasses.

My boys were born in Alaska (we do have sun year around) but not like Southern California does. Even I am having a hard time adjusting to all the bright sun we have here. We have gone through so many sunglasses with my boys isn't is ridiculous. I hate to keep buying glasses but then I feel bad for making them play outside in the bright sun when I don't even want to. I guess next time we are in town I am going to have to pick up yet another pair of glasses for my youngest son. Thank goodness they are pretty cheap.

On to my whimsy card. I started out using the CPS sketch (Card Positioning Systems). The sponsor this week is Keep in Touch. I thought the sketch was interesting and a great way to boost my creative mojo.

I got a Whimsy stamp in the mail a while back that I got from ATS (All that Scraps). This cute frog doesn't have a name, just Frog. But he is just so gosh darn cute. I am so going to have to get more of the animals in this collection.

I altered the sketch just a bit to fit my stamp. I used a 5" square card. I am very happy with how it turned out. Now I have to figure out who the lucky recipient will be.

Deets:

paper: SU! kraft, Marcella K (I saw another great paper pack from her at Target yesterday, yum), PTI spring moss and stampers select white.

ink: PTI ocean tides and palette black

ribbon: PTI srpring moss

copic markers to color the frog and lily pad.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What a totally cute card! The image is adorable and I love the edges of your papers! Great use of that CPS sketch.

Kathryn said...

What a CUTE card -- LOVE that frog -- and the colors are very pretty! ;)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable card Missy! Love how you colored the frog and your layout and papers are fabulous. :)